As Help-U-Sell Real Estate approaches 40 years in existence, we are having fun looking back on how far we’ve come, yet how much has remained the same (in a good way!).
The only thing that has changed in the decade since franchisees Jack Bailey (Help-U-Sell Greensboro) and John Powell (Help-U-Sell Galleria Realty) recorded a demonstration of Jack’s buyer consultation is their hair! The advice and Jack’s expertise when it comes to working with buyers have not only stood the test of time, but have improved.
Take a look at this retro video that demonstrates how Help-U-Sell Real Estate agents consult rather than sell to their buyer clients.
This spring, Jack will start his first 10-week buyer consultant training series for Help-U-Sell Real Estate brokers and agents. More information on this long-anticipated program will be revealed soon.
Last week, we started putting the finishing touches on our Jack Bailey Buyer Consultant Training Program.
The program will last 10 weeks and consists of a weekly coaching call with Jack Bailey, our resident buyer expert and broker/owner of Help-U-Sell Greensboro; worksheets; homework assignments; and videos, which we filmed at the home office in Sarasota last week. Jack has consistently closed more buyer sides than seller sides for many years running, and he created this program to teach his fellow Help-U-Sell franchisees how to achieve their own buyer-side successes.
The program is for brokers and agents who want to work with buyers as a consultant, not as a salesperson, and want to increase their revenue by working buyer sides. It will teach brokers and agents how to educate buyers on everything from what makes up a mortgage payment to how to reduce debt. Agents and brokers will also learn how to build trust and confidence in buyers.
In addition to introductory videos for each of the 10 sessions, we also filmed a promotional video for the program and a sample short buyer consultation.
It was long hours under hot lights, but our stars, Jack Bailey and Ron McCoy, managed to have some fun, too. Attendees of the Success Summit might get to see some of the bloopers. In the meantime, here is a lighthearted moment between takes.
Watch for information on how to register for the program later this year.
We have an exciting and busy October planned! We look forward to seeing you at one or both of our big events.
* The California Realtor Expo will be held October 8-10 in Long Beach. We will be exhibiting, and our booth number is 217. Please stop by if you will be there. CAR members can attend some sessions and the expo for free. Just register online to get access.
* Our annual Success Summit will be better and bigger than ever this October 22-24 in Las Vegas. With a theme of Making Connections, the event will have four general sessions and four blocks of breakout sessions that are separated into Coaching/Training, Marketing, and Technology tracks. Attendees can choose to concentrate on one track or mix and match. Many of the breakout sessions will have hands-on portions so that everyone can leave the Summit having accomplished tasks such as setting up a drip email campaign and creating a marketing plan for next year.
In addition to staff, John Powell and Jack Bailey will be presenting, and there will be a panel discussion along with opportunities to network with fellow franchisees. Our representative from Excel Printing & Mailing will present new marketing materials and hear the results of our brainstorming session we’ll have during the Summit. We have a few surprises up our sleeves, too!
Almost 60 Help-U-Sell family members are already planning to attend. If you are a franchisee or an agent in a Help-U-Sell office and want to join us in Las Vegas, please register today and make your hotel and transportation arrangements.
Use the hashtag #SuccessSummit13 on Twitter to follow and get involved in the Summit, even if you’re not with us.
The National Association of REALTORS released the first ever Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends report last week. The 104-page document compares the habits, practices, beliefs and goals of the Silent Generation, people born between 1925 and 1945, and all subsequent generations through the Millennials, who were born between 1980 and 2000.
Based on some of the data regarding the younger generations, Help-U-Sell Real Estate is perfectly poised to assist them in their real estate transactions.
Younger buyers are more likely to want help understanding the process because they’re most often inexperienced in purchasing a home. Help-U-Sell offices often have agents dedicated to working with buyers, and our specialized Jack Bailey Buyer Consultant Training program is nearing completion.
The majority of Millennials who sold their homes used a full-service brokerage, but they were more likely than other generations to opt for limited service, presumably due to less equity in their properties. With a business model that offers full service (or less, if desired) for a low fee, Help-U-Sell is a perfect fit for the newest generation of homeowners.
Why are the younger buyers and sellers a desirable demographic? According to the report’s findings, they are the most optimistic, and younger sellers are the most likely to use the same broker or agent for their next purchase.
What can you do to attract Millennials?
* Make sure you’re easy to find online.
* Consider creating a Facebook ad that targets that age group who live in your area. You can further home in on potential buyers and sellers by selecting people who are newlyweds or just had a child, factors that could precipitate a move.
* Avoid the hard sell. Instead, offer information in a conversational tone.
* For buyers, write a blog series or create a drip email campaign geared toward educating first-time buyers.
* For sellers, let them know about your low set fee and how they can save the most money. These tips can include staging on a budget and how to market their property to friends, co-workers and neighbors, along with the different ways your office works with sellers.
What tips do you have for working with younger buyers and sellers?
We’re just back from the 2012 Help-U-Sell Success Summit, and the REALTORS Conference & Expo leading up to it. By all accounts, both were a great success! We loved seeing our brokers from all over the country. Several of them (Kim and Mike Zelena, Leigh Anne Losh, Kyna Baehr, and Walt Hippauf) drove hundreds of miles to be with us in Orlando.
Thank you to everyone who spent time at our expo booth. Your testimonials to prospective franchisees are more powerful than just about anything we can say to them or show them. A special thank-you to Dan Desmond, who made the trek from storm-damaged New Jersey to help out at the Expo and to attend the Summit.
We hope all who attended the Success Summit got some great takeaways. The hands-on approach and interactive discussions about OMS and website requests and your fee structures taught us, too. We also talked about partnering with a wonderful charity that gives food to the hungry and about adding a potential vendor to our program. As we get closer to finalizing those partnerships, we will keep you informed.
Those of you who couldn’t make it this year, please mark your calendars and start saving now for the 2013 events in San Francisco. The NAR dates are Nov. 8-11, and we will have our Success Summit immediately following. We’ll provide more information in the months to come.
Meanwhile, enjoy a few photos from the Expo and the Success Summit.