“If you want to have success in life: Be thankful. Be appreciative. Be respectful.” These are the words of wisdom lived by and shared from Maria Powell, Broker/Owner of Help-U-Sell Galleria Realty in Tucson, Arizona.
There are other words that come to mind that describe Maria perfectly: Energetic. Tenacious. Engaging. Easy to talk to. What is perhaps most impressive about Maria Powell is how much she has accomplished in a relatively short period of years.
Maria immigrated to the United States from Mexico in 1995, speaking very little English and determined to carve out a better life for herself and her two children. She found a mentor, John Powell, from whom she would learn everything about the real estate business, and that is where the true trajectory started. In her first year, Maria closed 16 homes. Soon thereafter she became one of the two Arizona Regional Directors for Help-U-Sell Real Estate, helping new franchisees get their offices set up with the proprietary technology to get to work.
But Maria also had other goals she wanted to achieve, combined with a desire to bring cultures together – her native Mexican culture and her adopted American culture – in an effort to cultivate and foster goodwill and education. Thus was born the idea for her own TV program, the Maria Powell TV show. The program is a bilingual show that is entertaining and encourages mutual respect while enhancing lives by helping people.
In addition to hosting some of the shows in Italian, some of the topics Maria undertakes on the show:
- Advocating for animal adoption on behalf of the Pima Animal Shelter Maria brings animals on the show that are up for adoption, and has a good success record at getting the animals showcased on the program adopted more quickly. There are other elements included such as how and where to report animal abuse and proper care for your animals at home.
- Loan officers to help prospective home buyers to fix their credit issues as well as purchasing a home.
- In conjunction with staff from the American Heart Association as guests, Maria’s program has featured teaching people to take better of their hearts through changes in diet and exercise regimens.
- Dentists from the Tucson community providing advice on ideal oral care.
- From the entertainment realm, Maria has interviewed actor/director Tony Tarantino, Tommy Bull, the second director for the movie Face Off with John Travolta and Nicholas Cage, and many people known locally known in the Tucson area.
- She is also one of the preferred TV programs to showcase the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show now on her 4th Year.
Naturally, Maria takes the opportunity to maximize exposure and create lasting impressions for her Help-U-Sell Real Estate Office by sponsoring the program regularly. She also dispenses advice on how to buy and sell a home and shares what trends are emerging in her market, ensuring she is staying relevant to the community she serves.
“I believe everything in our society could be improved by sharing knowledge with each other and helping each other,” Maria added about her program.
The last two words we’d use to describe Maria Powell: hardworking and unstoppable.